Tuesday, 23. April 2019
deutsch | english
(0)
No documents on pinboard

Innovation backed by tradition

WIELAND Edelmetalle is located in one of the most important technology zones in Southern Germany – between Karlsruhe and Stuttgart. The following review highlights some of the milestones in the history of WIELAND Edelmetalle :

2010

Acquisition of all shares by Saxonia Holding GmbH, Halsbrücke, Sachsen

2010

International patent application: METHOD FOR TREATING WASTE MATERIALS CONTAINING NITRITE

2010

First production of CuGa-tube targets for the coating of modern thin film solar cells

2009

Production of the first silver tube targets for efficient vaporization of architectural glass; patent application for the manufacturing process

2007

International patent application: METHOD AND DEVICE FOR THE TREATMENT OF SOLUTIONS COMPRISING CYANIDE AND / OR COMPLEXING AGENTS

2006

Restructuring of the shareholder structure, the shares are distributed now to the BWK and Martin Wieland

2004

Start of the production and delivery of homogenous catalysts

2001

Due to an increase in capital stock the BWK Unternehmens-BeteiligungsGesellschaft, Stuttgart, acquires 40% of the shares

1996

125th anniversary of the company: WIELAND celebrates with over a thousand customers and employees

1993

Patent application: method and apparatus for the removal of hard complexing substances in aqueous solutions

1988

Patent application: technique and equipment for the treatment of waste water containing nitrite

1986

The first AGC® crown produced by WIELAND is inserted at the University Clinic in Tübingen

1982

Start of electrolytic gold refining

1976

Development of the first gold-coloured ceramic alloy for dental restorations

1968

Items of dental equipment and dental electroplating appliances are added to the product range

1945

90% of the company is destroyed during the air attack on Pforzheim. The whole of the precious metal stock is confiscated

1931

Development of low-cost gold-free alloys which are electroplated in the mouth using the “MIDAS” portable anode

1927

The Nobel Prize for chemistry is awarded to Professor Heinrich WIELAND, son of the founder Dr. Theodor WIELAND

1920

Start of the manufacture of semifinished products such as wires and sheet metal for the jewellery industry. Production of electrolytic baths, brazing solders and fluxes begins

1871

The business is founded in Pforzheim with a staff of 13 by the chemist Dr. Theodor WIELAND

 

Your Contact
call us, we will help you.
Fon: +49 72 31/13 93 - 0
Fax: +49 72 31/13 93 - 100

Semi-finished products for jewellery - brochure
WILAMED
Engineering Materials - brochure